Vacancy – Financial Controller
15 juni 2021
Vertom Cory is a recently established partnership between Cory Brothers, based in the UK and established in 1842, and Vertom Shipping based in the Netherlands, established in 1974. It is anticipated that the formal Joint Venture will be agreed this year. Both Vertom Group and Cory have built strong brands, with professional and personal dedication to their customers and are industry-leading in their own territories. Sharing complementary cultures and values, this alignment will create a broader platform with USA, Singapore and pan European coverage, allowing stronger organic & acquisitive growth. Fundamental to its success is both companies’ commitment to delivering excellent customer service, digital technology, structured compliance, and a healthy and safe working environment.
This role is based in Rotterdam and reports into the Vertom Cory CFO (based in the UK) but will work closely with the Cory
Brothers Financial Controller (UK), and the Vertom Finance Director and Controller (based in Rotterdam)
• Management responsibility for finance team across 5 sites (total 11 people)
• Monthly management reporting – P&L, KPIs, ad hoc analysis
• Harmonisation of reporting and putting in place the structure to ensure accurate and timely delivery of monthly results
• Balance Sheet control and reconciliations across all agency companies (11 companies)
• Business partnering with local management to provide clear analysis of performance and support growth agenda
• Feeding into annual budget process and reforecasts as required
• Cashflow forecasting and actual reporting
• Driving process harmonisation and efficiencies across all areas, implementing automation where possible and liaising with UK counterparts to align to one way of working.
• Support the roll out of harmonised IT solutions across the group, again in conjunction with UK counterparts
• Support the roll out of harmonised compliance and authorisation processes
• Interaction with audit as required
• Review of corporate structure & implement simplification as required
• Support scoping and diligence activities around future acquisitions
• Other ad hoc activities / projects as required
• The candidate needs to be in the possession of an EU passport
• Solid knowledge of terms/means of payment orientation to processes and financial statement analysis
• 3-5 years’ experience in a financial controller role
• HBO Degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting Finance or related
• Ability to critically analyse and interpret date and procedures
• High level of accuracy and able to work independently
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools is a plus (Power BI)
• Advanced excel skills are required to efficiently manage data without loss of integrity
• Fluency in both Dutch and English written and spoken
• Strong attentions to detail and accuracy
• Proactive and take initiative
• Analytical skills
• High level of multi-tasking ability
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
• Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and independently
• Operate with highest level of integrity
• Good communication skills – able to work with others based in remote sites
• Good attention to detail, accuracy, and organisation of work
• Confident to raise queries or concerns and challenge current norms
What to expect?
In addition to an inspiring working atmosphere in a growing and innovative company, we offer a challenging position with a package
of working conditions that suits the responsibilities. This includes 25 vacation days and 9 compensation days. Vertom Cory offers
the space to follow courses and seminars so that you stay informed of new developments. Employees experience the company
culture as engaged and enjoyable with open communication and short lines of communication between management and
Are you ready for this challenge?
Is this position for you, but do you still have questions, please contact Ms Danielle Piek on 010-285 85 85. You can apply for this
job by sending your written motivation and resume to email@example.com for the attention of Ms Danielle Piek.
We are happy to meet you!
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated